On Bill Repayment Solves the Financing Puzzle
Workshop Session II: Friday,
March 16, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Concentration: Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
On Bill Repayment (OBR) allows private loans for investment in building efficiency upgrades and renewable electricity generation to be repaid on utility bills. Potentially billions of dollars could be made available at attractive terms for a variety of buildings, including single-family homeowners who are upside down on their mortgages, small businesses, and multi-family rental buildings.
This workshop will start with a description of OBR, provide a status report of regulatory developments, and will then consider program design tradeoffs. Hosted by Environmental Defense Fund, the panel will include perspectives from utilities, building contractors, and regulators. Audience engagement will be encouraged.
James Fine, Economist, Environmental Defense Fund
Brad Copithorne, Financial Policy Specialist, Environmental Defense Fund
Gretchen Hardison, Environmental Affairs Officer, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
John Rhoe, Director, Barclays Capital
Neil Armstrong, Account Manager, Utility Solutions Group, TRANE
Recent Blog Posts
- From Sierra Club: Green Fleets = Green Jobs
- From Sierra Club: Scenes From Good Jobs, Green Jobs
- From UCS: Could Renewable Energy Power Industrial America? It Already Does!
- From CWA: We Need Good Jobs, Green Jobs
- From MCLV: News from the Good Jobs Green Jobs National Conference
- Dude, Where’s My (Fuel-Efficient) Car?
- Building a Clean Economy Requires Strong Leaders and Perseverance
- Building Our Infrastructure
- How We Get From Dangerous Chemicals to Safer Chemicals in the Workplace
- Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood & Nancy Pelosi Address Good Jobs, Green Jobs