Leveling the Playing Field: Trade and the Clean Energy Economy
Workshop Session I: Tuesday, February 8, 10:30
a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Concentration: Clean Energy Manufacturing
Establishing the United States as a clean energy leader is a multi-faceted process. It requires the enactment of clean energy policies as well as the enforcement of our nation’s trade laws to ensure a level playing field for U.S. companies and workers. This workshop will explore the challenges to attracting clean energy investment in the U.S. and the steps being taken to level the global clean energy technology playing field.
Elizabeth Drake, Partner, Stewart and Stewart
Bob Baugh, Executive Director, Industrial Union Council, AFL-CIO (Invited)
Josh Bivens, Economist, Economic Policy Institute
Recent Blog Posts
- From Sierra Club: Green Fleets = Green Jobs
- From Sierra Club: Scenes From Good Jobs, Green Jobs
- From UCS: Could Renewable Energy Power Industrial America? It Already Does!
- From CWA: We Need Good Jobs, Green Jobs
- From MCLV: News from the Good Jobs Green Jobs National Conference
- Dude, Where’s My (Fuel-Efficient) Car?
- Building a Clean Economy Requires Strong Leaders and Perseverance
- Building Our Infrastructure
- How We Get From Dangerous Chemicals to Safer Chemicals in the Workplace
- Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood & Nancy Pelosi Address Good Jobs, Green Jobs