Thank you for helping us make the 2013 Good Jobs, Green Jobs Conference a great success! Over 1,800 union workers, environmentalists, business and non-profit leaders gathered in Washington, D.C. to learn about current trends and emerging issues, as well build relationships with people from around the country.
After an exciting day of pre-Conference events, the Good Jobs, Green Jobs Conference kicked off on April 16 with a great morning session led off by BlueGreen Alliance Foundation President David Foster. The keynote speakers and panelists on Day One included Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, Sierra Club Executive Director Michael Brune, United Steelworkers International President Leo W. Gerard, and many more leaders in Congress, the business community and the labor and environmental movements.
Day One Morning Plenary
Day Two opened with a great opening plenary that included Congresswoman Michelle Lujan Grisham and a great moderated panel on how states are leading the way on energy efficiency.
Day Two Morning Plenary
Click the link below to see more.
Follow us on Twitter
Please use the hashtags #gjgj and #gjgj2013
Green Jobs Advocacy Day is April 18, 2013
For more information, visit www.bluegreenalliance.org/advocacy-day
Recent Blog Posts
- From Sierra Club: Green Fleets = Green Jobs
- From Sierra Club: Scenes From Good Jobs, Green Jobs
- From UCS: Could Renewable Energy Power Industrial America? It Already Does!
- From CWA: We Need Good Jobs, Green Jobs
- From MCLV: News from the Good Jobs Green Jobs National Conference
- Dude, Where’s My (Fuel-Efficient) Car?
- Building a Clean Economy Requires Strong Leaders and Perseverance
- Building Our Infrastructure
- How We Get From Dangerous Chemicals to Safer Chemicals in the Workplace
- Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood & Nancy Pelosi Address Good Jobs, Green Jobs
2013 Conference Advisory Committee
- Alliance for Industrial Efficiency
- American Council for An Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE)
- American Federation of Teachers (AFT)
- American Insitute of Architects (AIA)
- BlueGreen Alliance Foundation
- California Construction Academy - UCLA Labor
- Communications Workers of America (CWA)
- Emerald Cities Collaborative
- Green for All
- Heartland Capital Strategies
- Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy (LAANE)
- NAACP Environment and Climate Justice Program
- National Farmers Union
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
- National Wildlife Federation
- Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
- Ohio Environmental Council
- Partnership for Working Families
- Sierra Club
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Transportation Workers Union Local 100
- United Auto Workers (UAW)
- United Steelworkers
- U.S. Climate Action Network